Yesterday Naomi was pretending to bake cakes. She kept doing it over and over and kept asking for sugar for her cakes. She was talking to Lisa and she was suddenly acting like a robot. She was asking for sugar so much that I asked her if she was a robot that ran on sugar. She said, "No!" So I asked, "Well, what do you run on?" And without a second thought she replied, "I run on sidewalks!"
...awesome...
Anyways, today we went to the doctor for Alana's four month check up. I was really interested in her stats. Everyone says she is so small. Turns out she is in the 4th percentile for height and weight and the 64th percentile for head circ. The first thing the doctor asked was if she was getting enough to eat. Well, as far as I know! So the doctor says we have to start on solid foods now rather than waiting a month or so.
So that is what we did tonight. Alana wasn't in a very good mood because of her shots so I held her while Will fed her some oatmeal. (I would have gotten some pictures of this milestone, but my arms were full.)
Will and I both felt like we were bad parents. I mean its not like she is malnourished or anything. I think it is one of those parental thoughts. 'Is there more I could have done?'
Although another thought I had was 'Maybe with these extra calories she will start sleeping better!'
2 comments:
All kids grow differently. Plus, doctors are going off the AVERAGE. And since obesity has become epidemic in our country, that's tipping the average into...well...chubbier. But, there's nothing wrong with a baby who has more in her tummy, increasing her chances of sleeping longer and therefore, a more rested mommy. :)
Don't feel bad. Kazia and Cooper were on the bottom of the charts (3rd percentile) FOREVER, but at least they had growth on their own curve...so as long as she's growing, even if it's on her own curve she is just fine. :) You are great parents!
Post a Comment