Last Friday I was sitting at my computer, checking my email, when I got a sudden painful shock in my back and legs. I thought maybe just standing up or moving around would help, but to no avail. The only relief I could find was laying on my side on my bed. I could barely move.
So I called my sister to come help me take care of Naomi. I was hoping it would only last a short amount of time. But by the end of the day I had only progressed to the point where I could barely sit up.
Being pregnant doesn't help. I very limited on what I can do. Pain killers don't work along with ice packs and heating pads. That is about all I can do.
The good news is that here I am, day#6, and I can sit up for longer periods of time. I just have to take a break everyonce in a while to put my feet up. So I am getting better. Slowly but surely.
My husband and our friends and family have been awesome! Will comes home from work and takes care of us. People come and stay with me, people bring dinners, and clean. Even people just sending well wishes are so nice to hear. I feel so loved and blessed!
Another nice thing is that now that I can sit up I can sit at my sewing machine and work on some things that I need to do. I also have a boutique next week that I can sit and get ready for. So even being stuck on the couch most of the day I still have a lot of stuff to do.
3 comments:
Is that baby on your sciatic nerve? That is some of the worst pain I have experienced. Maybe call your doc and see if he has any suggestions. I have heard that a chiropractor can help.
glad to know that you are on the mend! It's no fun seeing you have to lay on the couch!
Oh dear, that is not fun at all. If I was closer I would help out. I hope that it isn't anything serious and that it continues to get better.
Post a Comment