Friday, June 4, 2010

So lazy...

So I just learned that we did not bring the cable that connects our camera to the laptop.... So I guess you all have to wait a while or pics. Thats ok with me. I am being pretty lazy.

Apparently, the week before we got to Nome it was warm, no wind, and beautiful weather. Since we arrived it has been 40 degrees and windy. And on the tundra that is not very pleasant. So we have been hanging around inside a lot. That is ok with us. It is nice to relax.

Yesterday we took a drive to Counsel, AK. It is 2 hours down a dirt road, but a nice dirt road. On the way there we passed by Fort Davis. It a little fishing compound/community/shanty town right on the water. It is on native land and the people who live there just live off the land.

Counsel has a population of about 6 people in winter and 2 dozen people in the summer. We went there to fish. With all the delays we had yesterday we were only able to spend about 90 minutes there so we were really fast making the fire to cook our tin foil dinners. Naomi and I explored the beach and threw rocks in the water while Will and Lindsay fished and Scott studied in the truck. Too bad he fish were not biting. So Naomi started to get mad because she was getting cold and it was about time to go so after we got Will's line un-stuck we piled in the truck, did a little exploring in the water with the truck and went home.

There is a lot of tundra around here and it is right on the Bering Sea so it really is pretty.

Today we did laundry and some general cleaning. While we were waiting for Scott to get off work we went to the souvenir store and got some Nome stuff. Then we went and saw the apartment Lindsay and Scott are moving to right on the water. It has a great view. Then we went to dinner at Airport Pizza and headed home.

We have been introduced to the game of Settlers of Catan. We have heard of it many times but never played it before. Needless to say, we have been here 3 days and have played it about 6-8 times. I think we are going to have make an investment when we get home....

Tomorrow we are getting back on the plane to go to Anchorage. Then the day after that we are taking a train ride down to Seward for a cruise. It will be busy/fun couple of days. I think we will need some lazy days after that....

1 comment:

Aislinn said...

Sounds like fun so far! I've seen the Bering Sea (on TV!!) ;)
Too bad the fish weren't bitting but I bet you're having fun despite that! Sucks about the cable for the camera... but that's alright, we'll wait! Enjoy your time - and your plane ride to Anchorage!