First I will give an idea of the "before".....

There was two sets of windows. The metal frame painted red, probably original with the house, single pane, most had no way to open windows. And the single pane, we need more insulation so we 'll just add more, stuck shut windows. So you put those together you get a house with only 3 windows that can open and leaks hot/cold air like crazy out into the world.

(By the way, I hadn't washed the windows since we had moved in.... so they were pretty gross too...)
Then after.....

Shiny, clean, efficient windows that can actually open!

I have to tell you, I wasn't exactly excited with the company we went through, but they ended up pulling through. I think most of it was that I wasn't too excited about the mess, getting displaced for a whole day but not being able to leave, and the salesman was kind of kookie. But I told Will to make the decision and I would support it.
But the installers were nice, they tried to stay out of our way as much as possible. The windows ended up being really hard to pull out so they were here longer then expected. They had to actually break each pane of glass in the original windows to get the metal frames out. But they cleaned up pretty well (I still swept and vacuumed for extra protection from the stray glass shards) and was really good about making sure they didn't step on the plants in our garden.
Although I still don't know anything about our payments yet. Its kind of weird that we have the windows and they haven't told us when our first payment is due... I am going to have to make a few calls today...
I have to do some touch up painting to the window sills where the old windows were, but now I have a lot more space on them!

There was one casualty in the whole process..... I had to take down all our curtains for the install and I figured it was a good time to wash them. Will was being super helpful and re-hanging all of them while I went visiting teaching last night. (He is so awesome!) So he stuck the curtains in the dryer. And the kitchen curtains didn't survive...... They shrunk right up like a wool sweater! Oh well, I was getting kind of tired of them anyways. So now I have a new project!! Yea!
One other thing to mention. Naomi now knows what a penguin is since that is the window company's mascot!
3 comments:
So exciting!! We've LOVED our new windows!! The difference on how much heat you don't loose is amazing!!
those windows look awesome!!! I bet you just love it!! Bummer on the curtains - but YAY for a new project!!! ENJOY!
OH WOW! They look so nice! I bet you like the Fresh Air. I love fresh air. I always have one window open all year long.
Post a Comment