October was filled with lots of fun.
We started the month by watching conference. Alana got to go to her first Women's Conference. So we made a big deal of it. We dressed up, watched it at the Stake Center, then went out for ice cream!
We did a bunch of yard work to get the house ready for Winter. The girls thought it was awesome when I jumped in a garbage can to make more room. So they wanted to do it too!
They are a couple of Oscar the Grouch's.
Will has been talking about getting a new tool box for years. This month he was finally able to do it. He loves it!
I have been playing "Mom Taxi" a bunch, so I have been working on some hand sewing projects. I love this one!
In my previous post, I talked about the surprise cruise we went on. That was probably the best part of the whole month!
Will has been baking a lot this month. He has really been refining his bread recipe. It is so delicious. He has also made a few more pies. So good!!
We carved pumpkins out in the driveway this year. The girls hated the gooey guts, but loved the creativity of it.
Will decided he wanted to supervise and save his pumpkin to make pie with. But the nice warm weather turned bad and it froze really hard for a couple days and snowed. The pumpkins didn't last very long.
For Halloween, Naomi was Sushi.
Alana was Casper-ina the Ghost.
It was super cold on Halloween and we didn't really know how many trick or treaters we were going to get. So Will stayed home to pass out candy. I took the girls out to trick or treat. We caught up with Naomi's friend and it became very clear that they could do it on their own. So I took Alana around while Naomi and her friend struck out on their own. A first time for her!
The sunset was beautiful, but once the sun went down it got super cold so we headed home.
It was a lovely month.
















No comments:
Post a Comment