December had a couple of good snow storms. One of them was on Christmas Eve. The girls really loved playing in the snow. Alana even made a mini snowman, complete with carrot nose and raisin eyes.
Alana and I ended up sick the weekend before Christmas so we missed out on a couple parties but Will and Naomi represented us while we rested.
One of the many thing we did do was visit my side of the family on Christmas Eve. Grandpa Bob was in Arizona, so we had a quick visit with Grandma Verna. Then We headed over to Nonnies house. We had fun visiting, eating pizza, exchanging gifts, and Nonnie had Naomi read the Christmas story. Naomi made sure she had all the key pieces to the story represented.
(Naomi really loves getting books.)
(Alana really loves her unicorn hat.)
Christmas morning Will and I rolled out of bed at about 8:00 am. The girls were downstairs playing video games. So Will and I went and sat by them to see how long it would take for them to ask about Santa. It took 30 minutes. Will and I thought it was hilarious.
We had a "Choose Your Own Stocking" year. So they were mismatch.
The girls seemed to have a wonderful Christmas. Alana was super excited about her cowboy hat and boots, and art set.
Naomi really loved her sewing kit, time turner from Harry Potter, and her watch.
After we had our morning, we went and hung out at Grandma K's house and had a lovely brunch. I was too busy relaxing to take any pictures. It was good, fun day.
Sometime the next week I had to get up early, so I got to enjoy the sunrise going down the freeway.
The following Saturday we got to have a belated Christmas party with Grandpa Dave and Grandma Jamie. We had loads of fun socializing with everyone.
For New Years Eve, the girls were invited to a sleepover at Grandma Verna's house. Will and I took the opportunity to hang our with friends! We even had a New Years toast. By the end of the night my face, stomach, and head hurt from laughing so hard. It was awesome!
No comments:
Post a Comment