Tuesday, August 15, 2017

August Adventures

 August has been a fun filled month so far!

We started out by trying to make out own butter from cream. We used just about every appliance in the kitchen, but it finally turned out pretty good!



Then we went camping with the Hamilton clan to Schofield Reservoir. The girls and I caught a ride with Nonnie and Poppa and Will joined us a day later.


The kids had loads of fun throwing rocks into the lake and riding their bikes. Nonnie and relaxed and read books while everyone else went on rides.



While the kids were riding around, I watched Alana on her training wheels, and I thought maybe we should try taking the training wheels off. So I asked her if she thought maybe we could start with one? She said, "Sure! But if I don't like it, can we take both of them off?" Sure! So we took one wheel off, she went around the camp site one time without any problems. She came back real quick and said she wanted the other one off too! So we took it off, and she sped off so fast! She had no problems at all. Definitely a proud Momma moment. She was so excited to show her daddy when he got there 30 minutes later!





On the way home from camping, we picked up Cousin Kayli! She got to hang out with us a for a few days. We did lots of fun things while she was here. Walking to church, dress up, lots of treats, a fun party at Aunt April's house, fun hair styles, going to park, and playing outside. We wore her right out!












Then the next weekend we went camping again! This time with the Knight Family at Moon Lake. There was wild life everywhere. There was a deer that kept coming through camp, and squirrels, and chipmunks everywhere.


The lake and trees were beautiful. I kept sprinkling on us, but nothing that lasted more than a couple minutes.





The girls got to play with Grandma K and Grandpa Bill in a Kayak. It was so much fun!





We had loads of fun the first couple weeks in August!

No comments: