Sunday, February 2, 2014

Sad Face.

Monday night, Will was driving home from Park City where he was meeting with a new client.  He was almost to the freeway, approaching an intersection. The light turned yellow and Will didn't have enough time to stop so he proceeded through the intersection and a lady turned left in front of him.


Luckily no one was hurt. Will called me right after it happened, told me he was in an accident, he was fine, and he would be home later. Of course my mind just starts racing. Good he is ok, but what happened? is everyone else ok? is the car ok? Is it totalled? Can Will get home ok?  Do I need to go up there? You know, all the crazy questions you start asking yourself.  Well, Will called me about 20 minutes later saying he needed a ride home, so I packed up the girls and headed up there to pick him up.  He thought the car was still drivable. It actually doesn't look too bad, but when he moved it off the road he discovered that part of the bumper was rubbing against the tire. It wouldn't make it very far like that. So they had it towed.  The other car's tire was sticking out at a funny angle so it was towed too.
The insurance company has deemed the car totalled. It actually took a while to find out what the fair market value of the car is. So the search is on to find a car to replace it. I hope the next one lasts longer than 10 months. Will had just  finished rebuilding the Fiero in July.

Well, now we are now down to no cars till we can find something else.  But there are blessings in this. Although sometimes it is really hard to see.
We are blessed in that we have great family that is willing to let us borrow their vehicle.
We are blessed that I was able to do all my errands earlier that day so I didn't have anywhere else to go so Will could use the loaner vehicle for work.
We are blessed to have great insurance and insurance company that will take care of us and raised the value of the car after Will showed them everything he had done in the last year. 
We are blessed to have great family and friends that care about us and know when we need help.  Thank you everyone!

1 comment:

Aislinn said...

I just love ya! Always a blessing - in everything - and I think the ones you named are awesome! I'm sure there is so much more that you just can't see right now, but to even recognize what you did is great - your family truly is blessed!