This is only a very small portion of the pictures we took. It is so beautiful up there, but I know what its like to look at someone else's vacation pictures, so I will keep it at a bare minimum.
Day 3
We had our pancake breakfast then headed out on a drive on the west side of the park to Bowman Lake. We actually had to leave the park to get there because the road inside the park was closed.
In 2003 there was three separate forest fires in that area that burned a lot of area. They are getting to the point where there is still a lot of dead forest around plus a ton of two foot high trees growing below them.
After we got back on the park there was a six mile dirt road drive. So beautiful!
Bowman lake didn't have a ton of people there like McDonald Lake did. You could take boats and stuff out there, but most everyone just had canoes. I think I only saw one motor boat.
We had a little picnic while admiring the gophers running around. Then we took a tiny hike along the side of the lake, across this bridge...
...to a fun little spot on the beach where the girls threw rocks in the water and Will tried to fish.
We got back that night and had smores, which the girls loved, and had a pretty good night's sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment