Wow, we have had an adventurous two weeks!
The last time I posted was about Naomi's first tooth. Well it broke surface and very soon after that her second one appeared! So now she has her two bottom front teeth. She has been pretty ok, but she has here rough days to go with it. Needless to say we had to go invest in some Baby Orijel and that helped a lot.
The next fun thing is that we went to Colorado for a long weekend. It was loads of fun staying with Dan and Dana and playing with their beagle Louie. Louie decided that he and Naomi were fast friends because they were the same size so Naomi got lots of face lickings. We did a lot of relaxing... so much so that we didn't even take any pictures! But we had loads of fun and we wish we could have stayed for longer.
Our next big adventure is the expensive one.....
We found out that our furnace was made in 1982- the year Will was born - and it is way too big for our house so it has overheated a lot. So we are going to get a new furnace, and since we are doing that we decided to upgrade the whole system including air conditioner and ducts.
Fun, right?
So to get the new ducts we have to tear out the basement ceiling so that means kicking Monica out of the basement so we can get it cleared out. And hey, since we have Monica out now would be a good time to do the other projects that we want to do. Like new electrical, and tearing out the scary fireplace along with a few other things. So needless to say we have a few things to do....
And finally with Naomi crawling she has done a lot of exploring. Yesterday she discovered stairs.
It started at church. She was very good at getting herself onto the first step, but it was a wider step so the toes of shoes kept getting caught so was having trouble. But later we went over to our friends house. They have a little set of stairs with 3 steps that Naomi just loved. She climbed up those steps so fast! The only problem is that she has no sense of danger yet, so if she gets distracted in the middle of the stairs so will sit backwards, but of course there is nothing behind her to sit on.....so I was watching her really close....
Her other new "trick" that I love is she "talks on the phone." She like to put her hand up to the side of her head and babble. It is so cute! I will have to get pictures of it. It's kind of funny because I don't think I talk on the phone that much, but apparently I do....
2 comments:
So cute! I guess it's a whole new world when they become mobile, right? I'm glad you had fun on your trip - you definitely deserved it!
Thank you for sharing all of your adventures and cute daughter doings. This post just simply made me smile.
Post a Comment